verse of the day

Thursday 2 May 2013

Homeless.[1 Timothy 6 v16-19]

When I was home in Belfast recently I was reminded how some people had suffered,owning to the sectarian strife,when the taxi driver spoke of the time his family had been burnt out of their home. I do not know if he was Catholic or a Protestant, because that did not matter to me,he appeared a nice guy,trying to earn a living.I read this morning of Christians in Pakistan lost their home when they were attacked by a Muslin mob,who had responded to the their local religious leaders cry,to kill the blasphemers. Let me say that the provincial government have compensated those Christians ,yet never the less,it is a very distressing experience. People in many places in the world have lost their homes and possessions through war,sectarianism,or what we could label as natural causes.There are a number of lessons we can learn from this,when we hear of these things,we should pray ,that God would undertake for such people.Next us remember that life is full of uncertainties ,the Bible reminds us not to trust in the insecure, but in God.We may never I hope experience what those people have experienced,but one day we will all leave everything  behind when death calls,the big question we need to face up to, before this happens,is where shall we spend eternity?.
A  prayer.../Dear Lord we pray for all who are homeless for whatever reason,but we ask that You will awaken people to their need of You .Amen /
/I will not be blogging for a couple of days, every blessing/

No comments: