verse of the day

Monday 6 May 2013

Faithfulness. [ Matthew 25 v21]

The faithful witness of the messenger was more important than a successful response from his hearers. A similar forecast was made in the case of Isaiah at his commissioning[Isa 6 v9f], and Jeremiah, even though he was explicitly warned that the same  would happen to him,soon learned that he was almost doomed to  be disregarded or misunderstood/ So writes John B. Taylor in his commentary on Ezekiel,as a preacher it is not what I want to hear,I want to see people  respond, to the word of God,but here we have these great prophets, been told what God required of them was faithfulness, and obedience.It is interesting that the prophet who did see a wonderful response was Jonah,that was the thing he did not want,and he disobeyed was unfaithful.Even when he was faithful  it was a forced faithfulness,God desires us to be faithful come what may,as I stand up to preach,I must be faithful in speaking the word that God has given, I spoke yesterday,it was not the word I origionally was going to speak,but it was the word I felt the Holy Spirit,wanted me to speak,I did resist Gods change in my plans,but in the end I was obedient and faithful.One of the wonderful aspects of Gods being is His faithfulness,our Saviour was tempted to be unfaithful to the will of God His Father,but He remained faithful.So today the challenge to all of us is faithfulness,that involves all of our lives,yes our preaching,but also our marriages our giving,all of our lives.
A prayer..../Dear God help  us to be faithful ,in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: