verse of the day

Monday 13 May 2013

The word of God.[ Psalm 119 v 89-96 ]

I don't suffer from hay fever ,but when I get up in the morning,my nose runs,eyes water,and I have a fit of sneezing,which reminds me of the saying,its nothing to be sneezed at,whatever that may mean.There are many sayings for different situations,like to many cooks spoil the broth,or a stitch in time saves nine,better out than in,the early bird catches the worm,or early to bed,early to rise makes a man, healthy,wealthy, and wise.I am not sure what category these sayings come under,but they register with us,and have a certain truth to them. As to myself I don't build my life on these sayings,I build my life on Gods word,because it applies not just to this life,but my eternal destiny.It challenges us to always keep God in mind,in all our actions,and thought life.The word of God is the word of life,and it is the word for life,it is also the word to build our lives upon.It is true the saying, that this word will keep us from sin,sin will keep us from the word,the greatest example of that is Solomon,he neglected to keep Gods word,appeared to have ignored it,and brought disaster upon himself and the nation of Israel.So today let us all hold fast to Gods word,memorise it,and above all else obey it,for it is Gods word,more precious than our bank accounts,more important than earthly success.
A prayer...../Dear God help us to value Your word,help us not to neglect it,help us to obey it, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: