verse of the day

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Forgiveness. [ 1 John 1 v 7-9]

I spent most of this morning assembling a bed,so I do have something to sleep on,but it did take it out of me,my hands felt sore, and I have been experiencing cramp in my legs. I will be glad to get back to work tomorrow ,for a rest,there is a saying,which goes,/there is no rest for the wicked/that may be true,but praise God there is forgiveness,yes there is forgiveness,the day of grace is not past.but one day it will be,but now the good news is still proclaimed. What is that good news?,it is that Christ Jesus came into this world to save sinners,we read and hear of some awful things people do,people whom we believe should never be forgiven. We would not forgive them,but God will,  continually the Bible stresses the fact that all sin can be forgiven,consider the words of Isaiah to the children of Israel in chap 1 v5-6. /The whole head is sick.....from the sole of the foot,even unto the head  there is no soundness in it,but wounds, and bruises, and putrefying sores,they have not been closed up,  neither bound up,neither mollified with ointment/.Isaiah is not talking about their physical condition, but rather their sinful condition,their condition is like a stinking open wound. So there is no hope, ah but there is,for we read these wonderful words in 1v18./Come now and let us reason together,saith the Lord,though your sins be as scarlet,they shall be as white as snow,though they be red like crimson,they shall be as wool/.No matter how sinful you are, remember ,that you can be forgiven through Christ,whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.,
 If you are not saved  ,here is a prayer you could pray/ Dear Lord Jesus  I confess that I am a sinner,forgive me my sins, and be my Saviour. Amen/

No comments: