verse of the day

Sunday 5 May 2013

Memories. [ Isaiah 61 v1 ]

I did something which I had not done for many years, I read  to my grandson before he went to bed,it brought back memories of when my boys were young,and how I read to them.Now these are pleasant memories which I will always treasure ,of course there memories which I would like to forget.We all are people with memories,good memories like I have mentioned,but then are memories I would not like to mention. Recently another famous  person has been arrested and charged with sexual offences,and it is all coming out,the papers are full of the details.This person has pleaded guilty ,and will be sent to prison, which is right and proper,but the whole thing affects people,especially those who have suffered abuse and it seems to me many people have. It brings afresh back to them the abuse they suffered,at the hands of a father,brother,or whoever,these are painful memories, very painful. So today let us pray for all those dear people who have suffered abuse,and our emotionally scarred,that they may not be prisoners of their past,and by Gods grace healing may take place.
A  prayer....../Dear God we bring to You all those who have suffered abuse,that You will have mercy upon them,grant them through Jesus Your dear son,grace to forgive,and grace to be free. Amen /

No comments: