verse of the day

Saturday 26 May 2012

When God is silent. [ Psalm 22 ]

As I mentioned ,in my previous blog, I am reading the book of Job, in fact I have just finished it this morning,it is a very instructive book,it deals with suffering and its aftermath. We read at the beginning about God speaking about Job,to Satan, and permitting Satan to attack Job,but then silence. We dont hear God speaking until the end of the book,it is as if God has withdrawn Himself , and of course Job struggles with this.In 23v3 we have Job saying,/Oh that I knew where I might find Him, /this caused him distress,this silence of God,and all he had to listen to was his three friends,who added to his distress,by what they said,they said all sort of things about Job that were wrong .Some people write of the dark night of the soul,such was the experience of Job, such may be your experience at this time,it  was Charlotte Elliot who wrote the following,/Clouds of darkness round about Thee,for a season veil Thy face/. So what is the answer for Charlotte,for Job,  for you and I ?well  Charlette goes on to write,/ Still I trust and cannot doubt Thee,Jesus full of truth and grace. Resting on Thy word I stand,none can pluck me from Thy hand/. 
A  prayer....../ Dear God in the name of Him who cried out,My God, My God why have You forsken me,we come to You,and ask for the grace to trust You even when You are silent. Amen /

No comments: