verse of the day

Saturday 5 May 2012

Sorry [ Isaiah 57 v15 ]

I should have known better, I was suddenly drawn into a conflict situation, the more I tried to calm the situation the more difficult it became, in the end I found myself becoming angry. Well eventually silence reigned, and unexpectantly I found myself saying , I am sorry I got annoyed with you, and surprisingly , the other person, said he was sorry,so peace returned. Often it is the hardest thing to do,that is to say sorry,especially if its not your fault, and yet that may be the only way to resolve a conflict.Many years ago when I was at Bible college,  I felt I had offended a visiting lecturer, he lived quite a few miles away,I had only a bike,so I cycled over to where he lived,and apologised, and then peace came into my heart.The word of God stresses the importance of humility,because we are without exception proud by nature, pride is a sin,it is the stronghold of the unconverted,alas it does not die when we are converted, so for your Lords  sake, say you are sorry
A  prayer....../ Dear God forgive us for our unforgiven attitude, help us to see the importance of destroying the fortress of pride,which manifests itself in so many ways in our lives,in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: