verse of the day

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Perfectionism.[ Matthew 5 48 ]

I wish I could say I was the perfect son,both my parents are dead, I never got to my know father, as my mum and dad seperated when I was very young. So my mum brought us up at that time there were four of us,so again I ask the question was I the perfect son,did I always do that  which pleased my mother?, and the answer is, wait for it,no. I have regrets , I wish I could say ,no regrets,but I cant.We can all look at our lives and wish we could go back to that place which the poet calls the land of new beginning. Our Saviour lays before us the challenge of being perfect [ Matthew 5 v48 ],it is an exhortation,that must be taken very seriously. We are not to let our imperfectness be an excuse for not trying to reach for the goal of perfection, no, our aim in life is to aim for perfectness,even though we fail,even though we feel it is hopeless.When we fail we are not to fall into a spirit of condemnation , we are told that we are not condemned. [Romans 8 v1 ],what we must do is simple never give up ,never give up,never,why? because I want to be like Jesus who always did those things that pleased His Father.
A  prayer... Dear God help us to rise from our failures and to press on, to the goal of perfection,in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: