verse of the day

Monday 21 May 2012

Hindrances. [ Matthew 14 v23 ]

William Cowper wrote ,/What various hindrances we meet, in coming to the mercy seat. Yet who,that knows the worth of prayer,but wishes to be there./I am no expert in relation to prayer, but I have learned the importance of prayer. I rise early in the morning to pray because I know that if I dont those various hindrances will happen, yesterday morning one my sons called in when I was praying,he lives a good distance from where he works,so he comes to my home for a sleep over,he had been working the previous night. Anyway this all made it difficult for me to continue to pray,but I have a shed so I slipped down there and finished my quite time there.Yes there are hindrances when we come to pray,yet as William wrote,they who know the worth of prayer , wish often to be there.Prayer is vital,that may seem obivious,but we need to hear this,to be reminded of it continually,I have learned from experience, that I  need to pray, for I need Him who is my anchor, I need Him who is my best friend.Again in the words of W Cowper,/ Prayer makes the darkened cloud withdraw,prayer climbs the ladder Jacob saw. Gives exercise to faith and love,brings every blessing from above/.
A  prayer...../Dear God help us to see how vital prayer is , that it is not just a haphazard thing,but a vital part of our experience with You, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: