verse of the day

Friday 25 May 2012

Begone unbelief.[Psalm 34 ]

I came away from a meeting recently with a feeling of uncertainty as regards finance not mine,it made me think of how uncertain life is.One day you may be rich, the next day poor,one day you are in a fine healthy position, the next ,well you know what I am saying. I am reading the book of Job at this time ,he was godly man, but under a permitted attack by satan,he lost ,his children,finance, and health. Yes, even for the godly, life can be uncertain, there are no earthly guarantees, ah ,no earthly guarantees,exactly,if we stop at that point ,uncertainty will creep in,and we will begin to panic,begin to let fear take over. As  Christians we have a sure and certain hope that nothing can destroy,we are told nothing can seperate us from the love of God [Romans 8 v 35ff].,we are told that Jesus is always with us[ Matthew 28 v20 ],these are eternal guarantees, and cannot be broken. God has promised to care for us,I have been young, but now am old, and I have never seen the righteous forsaken, nor His seed begging bread [ Psalm 37 v25 ]and I never will. Because the Lord is my shepherd I shall not want, because He is with me, I will fear no evil,as regards the present or the future ,I rest on Him assured that goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life[Psalm 23 ], so begone unbelief, my Saviour is near, and for my relief, will surely appear.[John Newton]
A prayer...../ Dear Lord help us not to live in uncertainty, and to challenge fear ,by faith in You, and in Your word,in Your name we ask this Amen /

No comments: