verse of the day

Thursday 24 May 2012

Ignorance is not bliss.[ Acts 8 v 26 -39 ]

I took someone to a barbers shop,the people who run this shop were from Turkey,I got into a conversation with one these people,he had beads in his hand. Being a Muslin ,I inquired if they were prayer beads, he said they were not, I am not sure if he was being truthful, but I asked what are the words used with  prayer beads,he spoke words in Arabic, I asked him what they meant, he said he didnt know. He didnt know,our Saviour pointed out the pointlessness of praying meaningless prayers,surely the thing about a true and meaningful relationship is not ignorance, but enlightenment, revelation. The old hymn declares I once was blind but now I see,if we are walking in blind ignorance, as regards our religion, then we are not walking in the light but in the dark.As a Christian I am challenged to grow in Grace and in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ [2 Peter 3 v18 ], how can I do this? ,simply, by the Word of God. Psalm 119 v130 reads,/ The entrance of Thy words giveth light, it giveth understanding unto the simple/, in that word we find Christ,and without that knowledge we will perish in ignorance,without that knowledge we will not grow spiritually.When it comes to knowing God, and growing  spiritually,ignorance is not bliss,it is downright foolish, and dangerous
A  prayer...../ Dear God help us all to grow in grace and in the knowledge of of our Jesus Christ . Amen /.

No comments: