verse of the day

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Relying upon God. [ 1 Samuel v 45-47 ]

In 2 Chroicles 13v18 we read how Judah won a great victory,because they relied upon the Lord God,the question to ask is this, what would have happen if they had not relied upon the Lord God?.We need to rely on the Lord our God,and then one may ask another question,is our religion not just a crutch?, well is it?.Well if it means I am depending on God ,yes,for I remember when I relied on self, and what a failure I made of that, yes I need my God,I am not ashamed to admit that. In declaring my dependance on God, I am acknowledging that I am weak, I am acknowledging that I cannot save myself, that Christ must save me. I am acknowledging that the trials of life are to much for me to bear on my own, I need Gods grace,I am acknowledging that I have a weak sinful nature,that I am prone to yield to the wrong. Yes I do need to rely upon my God just like Judah of old,I are no different from them ,and what applies to me , applies to you.
A  prayer....../ Dear God keep us from the folly of thinking we do not need You,for the fact is we need You every hour of every day, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: