verse of the day

Monday 6 February 2012

Why do the ungodly prosper?[ Psalm 73 ]

As I said yesterday it snowed, I dont mind the snow ,for usually it does not last long,but while it does, it creates problems,one of them is,it turns to ice,and of course it makes driving and walking dangerous. My wife bought me gadgets to put on my shoes so I wont slip and fall, which reminds me of Psalm 73,here the Psalmist is stuggling.He is struggling with a why?, why the unrighteous appear to be prospering, and why is he getting it hard ,inspite of the fact he is faithfully following God.He feels disillusioned if we are honest we all feel like this at times,well he does not stay in that destructive place ,he goes to God,he acknowledges Gods goodness in general to His people,and then he prays,/But as for me/, he is being honest,which is vital in our relationship with God,and he tells Him how he feels.Tell God how you feel ,He wants to hear not just the words of your mouth,but the thoughts of your heart.He tells God, not others, for his words may cause others to stumble, bring to God your stuggling thoughts. Well God listened,yes His ear is open to our cry, and He gaves him an answer,as to the true position of the ungodly.they are set in slippery places,God will cast them down into a pit of destruction. [ cp Luke 16 v 19-31].
A Prayer...../Dear God help us in our struggles not to be overcome with bitterness or unbelief ,grant us faith to trust in You, for you are to be trusted, in Jesus name Amen./

No comments: