verse of the day

Saturday 18 February 2012

Weakness. [ Ephesians 6 v 18 -20 ]

I was talking to my son in Ibiza today,and he said that women outnumber men 3 to 1 in the church in England, I wonder if this is true?,if it is ,I ask myself why?. I dont know that I have an answer ,or has any one an answer to this?. It was interesting at that funeral on Friday ,the men where in the majority, in our Lords day everyone was religious, men were the leaders. From my own experience I would find it easier to witness to women, although during the week I met an old neighbour and spoke a simple word of witness to him . Could it be that we are being challenged to pray for men, but in doing this, remember, God may challege you to witness to men, we are His lips, we are the channels He will use. So what about it?, are we ready to pray?, are we ready to speak,to men, in the coming week?. Dont overstretch yourself , start praying for one person,and ask God to give you an opportunity to witness to him, and ask Him to grant you a holy boldness to speak, I can assure you ,that I was a bit anixious in relation to that funeral service, but then, is weakness not always the best to be in, then we are relying on the Lords strength.
A prayer..../ Dear God we ask that You may fill us afresh with Your Holy Spirit ,that we may be witness ,especially to men, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: