verse of the day

Thursday 2 February 2012

Preach the Word. [ 1 Timothy 4 v2 ff ]

I saw two daffodills two days ago ,they are not suppose to bloom till spring, and yet there they were, blooming out of season. In 2Timothy 4v2, we read ,/Preach the word, in season,out of season/.In the church were I was a minister, everytime I stood in the pulpit ,I stood on a rug with the words ,preach the word, on it. These words reminded me and indeed everyone who stood in that pulpit of the responsibllity to be faithful ,and to preach Gods word. Goverments are trying to take the place of Gods word, and tell us what is right and wrong, philosophers likewise, now I am not advocating we dont obey the laws of our land[cp Romans 13 v1],but as a preacher of the Word of God, I am called to preach the word,a word that makes clear what is clean and unclean[ cp Leviticus 14 v57 ],a word that tells of the only one who can save souls and forgive their sin ,Jesus. On the day I stand before Him I want to here Him say, well done good and faithul servant.
A prayer....../ Dear God help us in a world of change to be faithful to Your word in Jesus name Amen /.

No comments: