verse of the day

Sunday 19 February 2012

Marching to heavens drum beat [ Philippians 2 v 5-11 ]

I am ministering twice today the first place I am going to ,has about 5 people who attend, on my last visit there were only two present,so I would not preach, what preach to only two people, and I stormed out, and went home in a huff. No I did none of those things, I just ministered to two dear souls , and felt privileaged to do so, let us remember heavens values are not earthly values. This applies not only to ministering but to all of life ,in India they have people who are despised, they are given the name untouchables, these dear people endure so much, and many of thier children suffer, often abandoned, left to live alone seeking food from from garbage bins, many abused, living lives of destitution and rejection. Does not heaven cry out against such things, we in the west strive for riches,we trot up to the shop counter buy our lottery ticket, thats earths values, not heavens. We who are Christians follow One called Jesus, who was rich yet for oursakes became poor,the challenge daily is to follow in His footsteps.
A prayer....../Dear God in a world of distorted values help us to march to the beat of heavens drum beat, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: