verse of the day

Friday 1 October 2010

The messenger of death.[ Acts 16 v31 ]

I have just been informed of the death of a dear aunt, I did phone her occassionally, she was a good mother, and a kind person, memories come back, of spending a holiday at her home, but now she is gone ,but not forgotten. In Ecclesiastes 7v2 we read,/ It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting, for that is the end of all men, and the living will lay it to his heart/. In these days of forgetfulness of our mortality, a death of a loved one or a friend is a reminder to us all, that we should consider our latter end, for after death the judgement. The death of someone should not just cause us to remember, but cause us to consider,our condition spiritually, and ask serious questions, like where will we spend eternity?, and are we saved?.In these days when Christianity is being marginalised, the death of a loved one or whoever,is meant to draw us back from the margins to consider our need of Jesus as our Saviour.[ Dear God I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I accept Jesus as my Saviour Amen ]

No comments: