verse of the day

Sunday 10 October 2010

The accusing finger [Job 1]

We visited one our sons and his wife yesterday, it was not just a social visit, I had been asked by my boy to wallpaper, just two walls. Now wallpapering is not one of my favourite activities, for one thing I dont feel very confident in doing it, I am never sure how it will turn out. So I started the wallpapering praying asking God to help,at one time I found myself saying to God,how it was Him and I ,doing this,and then jokingly, I added if I get it wrong I will blame You Lord.This made me laugh and I hope it made the Lord smile,but there is a more serious aspect to my joke, people do blame God, the world is full of people pointing their accusing finger at Him.The reasons for this are many, but in the end misjudged, and wrong, simply because it a is a cry of unbelief,better to be silent and to trust,let us never forget whatever wrong there is in this world ,God is not at fault, in time He will put everything right,in time He will sort out this mess, in time we will understand. [Dear God help me to trust You, help me to refrain from pointing an accusing finger at You,in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: