verse of the day

Friday 22 October 2010

How to cope. [ Psalm 27 ]

I love the Psalms ,I love reading them ,studying them ,preaching them, I was looking at Psalm 27 this morning, and it fitted my mood, it is a Psalm by David the man after Gods own heart. David it appears had to face difficulties all his life, as a shepherd boy he faced wild beasts, he then had to face a giant, then he had to fight against the Philistines. Next he had to face the murderous intent of king Saul, then later on he had to contend with his own son who wanted to kill him. If we are a Christian, we will have to face the world the flesh and the devil, this is ongoing, the Christian life is a battle, and a challenge, none of us are going to be carried to the skies on flowery beds of ease.So how are we going to make it, how are we going to cope? well how did David cope? here is the answer,/ The Lord is my light, and my salvation, whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid. [Psalm 27v1] How did he cope? the answer was the Lord ,how are we going to cope? the answer is the Lord. [ Dear Lord Jesus help me to cope with the ongoing problems of life, help me to see that no matter how big the problems are, they are not bigger than You. Amen ]

No comments: