verse of the day

Monday 25 October 2010

24/7. [ Galations 3v3 ]

Yesterday I mentioned needs, well I dont need any more clothes I have enough to do me if I should live to 100, I dont need any food ,our cupboards ,fridge,freezers, are full. I have enough money to live on, in other words the Lord has blessed me, so what do I need? I need the Lord. Oh yes ,He is my Saviour, I am conscious of His presence everyday. But it is so easy to become complacent, to be waylaid, to start to neglect prayer, to be busy, busy , busy, to begin to live independantly from the Lord, like those we read about in the epistle of Galations. The apostle declares,/ Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit,are you now being perfected by the flesh?[Galations 3v3].There is an old hymn ,which reads ,/I need Thee every hour/,thats what we need more than anything else, the Lord, a reliance on Him 24/7. [ Dear Lord Jesus forgive me for taking my eyes of You, of forgetting that it is You ,I need every hour of everyday. Amen ]

No comments: