verse of the day

Wednesday 27 October 2010

Lonely people. [ 1 Corinthians 13 ]

We have had some visitors for a few days, my son /wife and 3 children,it is lovely to have them stay, and to spoil our grandchildren, family is so important. We went out to a number of places and had family meals together, so many dont have this blessing, I am fortunate that I have. Today let us consider those people who have no friends ,and no family,the lonely ones, I think lonliness is one of the most difficult things to cope with. How can we help?well we can pray for them, and befriend them , my daughter -in-law has just recently, started to minister to the elderly, and she commented how lovely they are, but lonely. A person I know said I was the only person she had to talk to,imagine the only person to talk to, I usually just listen. It was the Beatles who sang of all the lonely people, where do they all come from? well I want to tell where they are, in your street, and in your church, and mybe in your family.[ Dear God in a world driven by materialisim, help us to see beyond this , and see that people need friendship, need a chat, need love,use me to befriend and love someone this day in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: