verse of the day

Tuesday 5 October 2010

Faithful to the end.[ 2 Timothy 4 v7-8 ]

The seasons are changing, I noticed that the leaves on the trees are changing colour,autumn has arrived, the days are shorter, we do have occasional sunny days. I often think that our lives are like the seasons,I suppose I am in that season called old age,I am reminded of this by the different ailments I have, I wont bore you with them,but they are increasing. I am not too concerned about the season I am in, it is a time when one reflects on life, and remembers, and yes I still want to serve God, I want to end my life in His service. I want to say with the apostle, I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. [2 Timothy 4 v7 ] J E Bode wrote, O Jesus I have promised to serve Thee to the end, that is my desire, I hope and pray that it is yours .[ Dear God help me to be a faithful servant of Yours, all the days of my life ,in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: