verse of the day

Thursday 10 June 2010

Gods amazing choice. [1 Corinthians 1 v26-29 ]

When I was younger, I helped to manage a football team, and I can assure you that it is not easy,even at a junior level. One of the most difficult aspects of it was choosing the team, for it meant ,some would be left out,but the choices have to be made,for if you want a winning team ,you have to pick the best. In 1 Corinthians 1 v 26-29, we read how God made a choice,and it appears He choose ,not the best but the worst. He choose people whom the world consider foolish,He choose those who are weak,He choose those who are despised by the world, strange choice one would say. Who is the apostle writing of?,you and me, Gods amazing choice, in the words of an old gospel song, who am I?a nobody,it should keep us humble, and stop us from having airs about ourselves,and cause us to be very, very grateful. [ Merciful God we praise for choosing us nobodies, in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: