verse of the day

Friday 28 June 2024

The Psalms ( Ephesians 5 v 19)

 I love the Psalms, I wonder how you would describe them?,I see them,' as the heart beat of man connecting with the heartbeat of God'. Often it is a man crying in desperation,to the only one who can help ,God, and how He responds,by delivering,comforting,and reassurance. Often the Psalmist is in a place where there is no one to help him ,and so he cries unto one who says ,'call upon me in the time of trouble and I will deliver you'. God is faithful and will come to aid his children.He lifts his gaze toward Him who cannot fail,will not fail,the one who never fails. He looks up and sees Gods handy work and His glory  the one who made all things(Ps 121),as he speaks of the heavens declaring that glory.A voice that can be heard every day.so we could go on and on,And in those wonderful Psalms we have Christ in so many ways proclaimed and especially His death and resurrection.I leave you with by far the best  known Psalm, don't let familiarity rob you of the  preciousness of it .

                                                               Psalm 23

                                    The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want

                                    He makes me to lie down un green pastures;

                                    He leads me beside the still waters,He restores my soul,

                                    He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name sake.

                                    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

                                    I will fear no evil; for You are with me;

                                    Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

                                   You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;

                                    You anoint my head with oil;My cup runs over,

                                    Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life;

                                    And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.

                                    

                                     

                                            

No comments: