verse of the day

Thursday 8 February 2024

The Cross. ( Luke 23 v 32 -49 )

                                                           Romans 5 v 8

         ,                         God demonstrates His own love for us in this;

                                    while we were still sinners,Christ died for us.

One of the Puritans wrote,'Lead me to the cross , and show me His wounds,the hateful nature of evil, the power of Satan.May I see there my sins as the nails transfixed Him. The cords that bound Him,the thorns that tore Him. Help me to find in His death the reality and immensity of His great love'.

                                         ' I sometimes think about the cross,

                                          and shut my eyes and try to see

                                          the cruel nails and crown of thorns,

                                           and Jesus crucified for me.

                                           But even could I see Him die,

                                           I could but see a little part

                                           of that great love, which ,like a fire,

                                           is always burning in His heart.'  Words W.W.How.

Two different aspects of looking on the cross,many see a cross, or a crucifix, and it means nothing to them.it is only when one comes to the foot of the cross,as a sinner, we declare in the words of Isaac Watts,'Love so amazing so divine ,demands my soul ,my life, my all.'


                                    

                       

No comments: