verse of the day

Thursday 15 February 2024

A Cert. ( Psalm 119 v 42 )

 There are those who gamble and they put their money on a horse that appears to be  a cert to win.and it doesn't win, I remember years ago Cassius Clay who later became known as Muhammed Ali, was going to fight the boxer Sonny Liston known as the ,'Big Bear', his record was very daunting,of his last 35 fights he  had won 24 by a knock out,but to every one''s surprise Cassius won.The point I want to make is this, there is no  guarantee in life , that the so called cert will win.No, life on planet earth can be very uncertain  but as a Christian we have a hope that is sure and certain,that nothing and no one can destroy. Consider  the words that Jesus spoke to His disciples,and indeed to everyone who puts their faith in Him, 'My sheep hear my voice, and I know them,and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them,and they shall never perish', and no one shall snatch them,out of  My hand. My Father who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and mt father are one'.  (John 10 v 27 - 30).There is something that our great triune God can't do,indeed it is impossible for Him to do, 'to lie',what He promises to do is certain to be fulfilled. (Hebrews 6 v 18/ Titus 1 v 2/ Numbers 23 v19)

                                                                    'Trust Him' 





       







No comments: