verse of the day

Friday 16 February 2024

Not knowing our way. ( Hebrews 11 v 8 )

I remember well the evening I graduated from Bible college,I had just completed three years,it was  quite an achievement to get through my time at college.I did not do so well at school so I had no qualifications,but God helped me. My wife and I had to depend on God to meet our needs,that was challenging, but God was faithful .My then wife had also attended a one year course at another Bible college. Although we had applied to a missionary society they didn't accept us, so we were in a position of not knowing where we were going. But I do remember what the speaker ,spoke on ,it was from Acts and the arrest of Paul in Jerusalem ch 21  which tells of him being rescued by the Roman soldiers and being taken into custody,and so started a time of testing when the Jews tried to have him put to death. It was during this time God spoke to Paul telling him that he would testify in Rome ( 23 v 11),this did not happen immediately,( Acts 24 v 27)All the time the Jews were trying to have him executed but God preserved him,Paul as a Roman citizen appealed to be tried before Caesar( and this was granted .Eventually he set of for Rome under guard,during the journey they experienced a terrible storm,and the ship sank.but God preserved everyone on board.It is  in Chap 28 v14,we read ,'And so we came to Rome'. My wife an I didn't know were God would lead us,but we had obeyed the call of God eventually God called me to be minister in England and as we sailed toward England God spoke to me,He said,'Behold , I send an Angel  before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared'. (Exodus 23 v20) and so it came to pass ,the journey had been difficult and testing but like Paul we reached our destination.
                                               'God's will we obey not knowing our way'

No comments: