verse of the day

Saturday 17 February 2024

Faith (Hebrews 11 v 6 )

Some days stick in our mind ,likes ones wedding day,graduation day,and Valentine's day,I mention Valentine's day for it takes me back to the time many years ago,when something very important happened.It was the day I passed my driving test, I say that because of what led up to that moment .My then wife and I were living by faith,we had very money,and that time we had three children.I couldn't drive, the means of transport was my bike.We had a little bit of money to spare,not a lot,my wife Eileen suggested that I learned to drive,and so I booked 10 lessons each lasting an hour. when the lessons were coming to an end ,I put in for my test,cause we could not have afforded any more lessons.I told my instructor what I had done,his reply indicated  what I knew myself,I was not really up to it,he suggested that I shouldn't take it,and one could get out of it by sending a sick line,but I declined.When I went to do my test I was very anxious,and as I was taking the test my legs were actually shaking.Yet the examiner spoke to me and encouraged me,and lo and behold I passed. Much prayer had gone into this event ,my wife and children had been praying during  the test, and I had been praying also. Looking back I see how important it was for me and my family to pass that test,in so many ways. It  was for me a step of faith , yes I was anxious and my legs were shaking,but I still went forth in faith and I believed God honoured that.

                                                     'God honours Faith, not feelings.'

No comments: