verse of the day

Tuesday 13 February 2024

He shall choose.( Acts 16 v 6 -10 )

There are three verses that have been very helpful to me  Psalm 47 v 4,'/ 75 v 6-7. the first one reads,'He shall choose our inheritance for us.The second  reads,'For promotion cometh neither from the east,nor from the west,nor from the south.But God is the judge; He putteth down one, and setteth up another'. These verses tell us a wonderful truth that our sovereign God rules over all the affairs of our lives.I want to transfer you back in time to the mighty powerful nation of Babylon,and a mighty King called Nebuchadnezzar he was walking on the roof of the royal palace of Babylon.This is what he said,' Is not this the great Babylon I have built as the royal residence,by my mighty power and the glory of my majesty?'.Immediately a voice from heaven spoke challenging what he said ,he would be smitten with insanity live in the fields like an animal until he would acknowledge that God ruled over all and it was Him who promotes and demotes whom He will.(Daniel 4 v 28ff.Yes on the grand scheme of things, kings ,Presidents,and all those in power are raised up ,promoted by a Sovereign God.And what applies to them applies to all of us, I wanted to be a missionary a noble aspiration, but mission after mission turned my wife and I down,sometimes without even given us an interview.It was a very great disappointment,but it was not God's will,but eventually God promoted me to be a minister.Fret not if doors shut,the way is closed to you, our times our in His hands,whither it is promotion or demotion, as for God His way is perfect ,trust Him.

No comments: