verse of the day

Wednesday 21 February 2024

Simple Faith. ( Galatians 2 v 11-21)

 I wish I could say that my blog is perfect,but I know its not,as much as I try it never will be,in my time I have played two instruments a trombone and a guitar,not at the same time of course ( I joke) I was far from perfect,in fact I was very imperfect.In football one could  say of a certain player,he is a perfect player, yet he won't always give a perfect pass,and make the perfect tackle. It must be very frustrating for a person who is obsessed with being a perfectionist , There are 10 commandments is it possible to perfectly keep those commandments?, the answer is no,it is impossible, because it is not just keeping the letter of law, we must keep the spirit  of the Law,and that is impossible.(Matthew 5 v 21 -22 / 27 - 28). The rule for being perfect is what God requires, it must be up to His standard,not ours,we call our moral imperfections just being human, God calls them sin.and sin has very serious consequences,in fact someone has said it has double consequences ,'Temporal and eternal punishment.  It is Beasley -Murray who writes the following,' It is quite clear from the Word of God that those who die in their sins do not pass into nothingness and forgetfulness. There is time beyond death,time for the dammed as well. And it is because there is such a thing as time beyond that hell is so terrible'. Let me just add, the law was not given to save us,for by no deeds of the can one be justified,No our failure to keep it should turn to the only way we can  be justified, by simple faith in Christ.( Galatians 2 v 16)

                                                   'Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ

                                                    and you  shall be saved.'

                                                             Acts 16 v 31


No comments: