verse of the day

Sunday 4 February 2024

Safe hands (Psalm31 )

 In Psalm 31 v 15 ,we read ,'My times are in your hands', again it is David ,' who is experiencing a  hard time,feeling under threat,he uses the following words to express the seriousness of what he was going through,'affliction,anguish,distress,sorrow, grief,groaning ,weak, lastly alarm'.What would you do or what  would I do,if we were in Davids place?.Everyday day I pray for people who are under threat for their faith,many people are in prison,serving long sentences.Of course life being what it is means we all will experience different trials,they come in different levels of severity, but they will come.It is William .Plumer, commenting on v 15 writes,' The whole of life,with all that threatens it,with all that continues it, is in the hand of the wise, good, powerful, perfect ruler of all things'.Our times are in His hands,Someone said the following,All my life's why's and when's and where's and wherefore's are in God'hands'.Henry F. Lyte wrote the following.

                                           'My times are in Thy hand; My God I wish them there;

                                             My life, my friends, my soul I leave Entirely to Thy care.

                                            My times are in  Thy hand,Whatever they may be;

                                            Pleasing or painful,dark or bright,as best may seem to Thee.

                                            My times are in Thy hand,Why should I doubt or fear?

                                            A Father's hand will never cause His child a needless tear.

                                            My times are in Thy hand,Jesus the crucified;

                                            Thy hand my cruel sins have pierced,is now my guard and guide.'

No comments: