verse of the day

Saturday 10 February 2024

I was a shoplifter. ( Romans 3 v 23)

 I was coming out of a local supermarket when I heard someone shouting,I looked to see who it was,as I looked a young man was running towards me with a security person running after him. The security person gave up the chase, and the young man run off. I can only assume that the young man was a shoplifter,a lot of it goes on,sad to say.But it brought back a memory of myself that when I was a very young  boy, I attempted to steal something but was caught. As I said I was a very young boy,yet I knew that what  I was doing wrong,it bears out this fact, that our fallen nature can manifest itself at a very early age. It was David who declared,' Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me' ( Psalm 51 v3 ) Likewise in Psalm 25 v 7 he prayed,'Do not remember the sins of my youth,and my rebellious ways'.People speak of mankind's inherent goodness,the word of God teaches mankind's sinful nature. When  Adam sinned his nature changed, before he was sinless, but it also changed for all humanity (Romans 5 v12),for that sinful nature is passed on to every new born child. But God had a plan a new Adam would come in the person of Jesus,and through His death on the cross , all who trusted Him to be their Saviour  would be forgiven all their sins and they would receive a new nature and would be able to live a new life,an eternal life.( John 11 v 25 ) 

                                                  'Christ is the only hope for you and for me' 

No comments: