verse of the day

Wednesday 14 February 2024

Hypocrisy. ( Matthew 23)

 There is a saying  that goes,'Do what I say, don't do what I do',  I had an uncle who visited one of his sons in hospital,and he told him off for doing things that caused his stay in hospital.I loved my uncle,but his son said his dad was guilty of the same things that he was accusing him off.I knew a person  who had a friend who had a gambling problem. He told me  about his friend and how wrong it was , yet later on  I discovered he had a serious gambling  problem. In Matthew 23 ,our Saviour  warned the people against hypocrisy,He was speaking of the religious leaders of  His day, He summed it up by saying,'They do not practice what they preach'( v 3 )During the Covid  outbreak a certain politician would come on the television,and told us what we shouldn't  do,it turned out later we discovered that he didn't practice what he told us. Hypocrisy wherever one finds it is wrong, be it in the pulpit or politics ,or in the everyday  person in the street. As Christians may our lives correspond with our words, and deeds,with what it means to be a Christian.

                                                     ' Let us practice what we preach'

No comments: