verse of the day

Saturday 27 January 2024

Unworthy ( Romans 5 v 6- 11)

 I have a friend who becomes frustrated when he hears how some Christians are seeing great blessing ,even miracles,I have known my friend for a long time and he struggles with various difficulties,at this time he is suffers from panic attempts. I suppose there are people who would judge him I don't ,I have not walked in his shoes,I do pray for him and his wife who struggles with him,but loves him,and indeed I love them both.Bill Gaither wrote the following,'I believe help thou my unbelief', I take the finite risk of trusting as a child,I believe, help Thou my unbelief. I walk into the unknown trusting all a while,I long so much to feel the touch,that others seem to know.Yet should I never feel a thing,I claim Him even so. I walk into the unknown trusting all the while'.I somehow identify with those words with my friend,for over 40 years, he has walked with Christ,struggling with so many things.you see it is not feelings that bring us through, it is faith in God, who chooses those who are weak.I know a lovely lady who had a terrible time growing up ,yes she has had her struggles, she knows the Lord,and I believe the Lord loves her,and I love her to.Let us remember we can't see our invisible God, but He sees us,and knows us  like nobody else  ,and here is the wonder of it all,'He loves us'.

                                        'Why me Lord,what have I ever done to deserve such love?

                                          and He answered and said  , the cross was not for those who

                                          think themselves worthy'.

No comments: