verse of the day

Wednesday 3 January 2024

The next question is. ( Psalm 46 v 10 )

 The next question is ,'What will the future hold?', well I am no fortune teller,and nor is anybody else in this world,but there is  one who does know, and of course that is God. As we look at the world,it can be a very scary place,there are so many uncertainties ,things appear to be out of  control at times.Well on that happy note what can we say, well first of all let us bring God into this situation,for the sad thing is when it comes to the future,for most people God is sidelined,instead we have so called experts with their forecasts.But as a Christian the one vital thing we must do,is to to simply trust God,yes that seems simple,but never the lest ,that's what we must do if we are going to get through. As we look into the future it may appear that it holds nothing but foreboding,but ours is not a blind faith,yes I once was blind ,but now I see, but what do I see?, that God has not forsaken me in the past,and indeed assures me that He will never leave me nor forsake me,here is what the Lord God says,'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you'....So we can say with confidence,'The Lord is our helper,we will not be afraid'. (Hebrews 13 v 5-6) He is not just a spectator looking on ,leaving us to our own devices,no, He is involved in our future to guide us through, what to us is the unknown future,but it is not unknown to Him, Remember He is totally trust worthy,He keeps His word, and those  exceeding great and precious promises to us His children.

                                               'Peace perfect peace,our future all unknown,

                                                Jesus we know and He is on the throne'

                                                            Words E.H. Bickersteth.

                                                

                                                           














No comments: