verse of the day

Friday 19 January 2024

Heroes.( Psalm 6 )

 I wonder do you have any heroes?I  read recently of a war time hero, those who knew said he was not a nice person,he treated those under him deplorable. It is sad when you hear of hero worship,only God should be worshipped. One of the most outstanding people we read of in the bible is David, he achieved greatness through his deeds,and also through his words.Most of us love the psalms he wrote,and in those Psalms we have an honest picture of  David,it reveals to us his struggles,and indeed his weaknesses .He had many enemies\, and at times he felt overwhelmed, here are some of things he writes from Ps 6  ,'I am faint,my soul is in deep anguish,I am worn out,all night long I flood my bed with weeping,and drench my couch with tears,my eyes grow weak with sorrow.' He was being honest acknowledging his struggles and his weakness.God knows how we feel,there is nothing hidden from Him, so David leaves a perfect example of being honest with God.We are also instructed how important to cry unto God as David did,and as he did God gave him the assurance that,'He heard his weeping,He heard his cry,He accepted his prayers',in other words his prayers would be answered.Someone said the following.

                                          'Whatever God brings us into,He will bring us through'

No comments: