verse of the day

Monday 29 January 2024

If only ( Hebrews 12 v 1 - 2 )

 As one looks back on ones life,there are many 'if only's', if only I had done better at school I could have got a better job.if only I had kept following the Lord when I was young.I had a reasonable singing voice, if only I could have developed it more.I played two musical instrument in my time,but not very well,if only I  had got training, and improved that gift.Yes we can all look back and say if only,so many people  get trapped in that mind set, yes the past,'if only's', rule our lives and not for the best. we say if only I had not been born into that family ,in that country,in that neighbourhood, if only I had not had that accident,yes, if only. Here is what a wise man said,'The past is not a place of residence,but a place of remembrance'.The thing is we will always remember our past,but we must not let our  past to imprison us. There was a great man who had a wonderful future,he had a wonderful education,but he gave it all up,when Christ became his Saviour ,and so he went on to serve Him.Many years later he wrote,

                                                    'But one thing I do ; forgetting what lies 

                                                     behind and straining forward  to what 

                                                     lies ahead, I press on toward  the goal 

                                                     for the prize of the upward call of God

                                                     in Christ Jesus.

                                                                (Philippians 3 v 13 - 14 )

No comments: