verse of the day

Monday 15 January 2024

A Burden. (Psalm 37 )

 I have been blessed with 5 sons,I spoke  to a  minister  recently,he spoke about his son,and that children our a burden that parents carry with them,so true. So we pray for them before they are born, and every day of their lives, first and foremost for their salvation,and if they should go astray for their restoration.We pray for them as they attend school,and when they leave school,for their employment,for their future wives,and so it goes on.There are times like all of us they have problems,financially struggling, needing work. Recently one of my sons  shared with me the difficulties he was having,I assured him of my prayers, so I have been praying. Now in my own personal life when I have problems, I pray,but I also look for  assurance from God's word. so I was looking for a word from God, and as I was reading a daily reading,I read this word from Psalm37 v 25,which reads,'I have  been young, and now am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken,nor his descendants begging bread'.I have been following the Lord for nearly 60 years ,and can testify to Gods care and provision.But what encouraged me was  the testimony how God had cared and provided for Davids children.This gave me the assurance that God will care and provide for my children,and indeed for your children. Yes our children are a burden that we carry with us all the days of our lives,and it is a burden we can cast upon the Lord,to care and to provide for them.

No comments: