verse of the day

Tuesday 30 January 2024

Remind me Lord. ( John 21 v 15 )

Psalm 24 v1 reads 'The earth is the Lord's,and everything in it,the world all who live in it '.These words should reminds us that we are but custodians ,of what we possess.Yes we use the word mine,and some sense that is  true,but it is not the whole. The verse we read  tells the full story,as regards in this world ,which includes every human being,that everything belongs to God.Those possessions we have,everything is on loan,Job had to learn that lesson, he had seven sons and three daughters,he lost them all,he was very wealthy,he lost it all,he was very healthy but that changed .( Job 1 ) Consider all that happened to him,he said,'Naked I came from my mothers womb,and naked I shall depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away,and then he adds,'May the name of the Lord be blest'. (1 v21 )The cry of many is,mine,mine, mine,and God say's no , they are mine,I own everything ,yes everything,So let us a remember to thank God for ever blessing,and acknowledge Him for every good and perfect gift. Someone said that one of their favorite descriptions of stewardship is,''When God gives you a gift,hold it loosely''. I  understand that statement to mean  that whatever God gives us in not exclusively for our benefit, but is intended for the whole family of God'.

                                        'Dear God and Father we thank you for every gift we possess,

                                        but if I forget that they are just loaned to me,remind me Lord,'

                                                                   

No comments: