verse of the day

Thursday 11 January 2024

Eating humble pie. ( Matthew 6 v 9 -15 )

 A person shared with me that his wife never say's sorry, it is a fact  that some people find it hard to say sorry or to ask forgiveness.Recently I was faced with a dilemma, I had opened my mouth and put my foot in ,in other words I had said something I shouldn't,it disturbed my peace and more than likely disturbed the person I had spoken to.The question was,what could I do to redeem the situation? I had spoken to God about what had happened,so the next morn I phoned the person and said I was sorry,and it was all my fault,she was gracious enough to accept what I said, and after that I felt a great relief.  To ask forgiveness means, we have to show a degree of humility, in other words we have to eat humble pie.Also to have a  unforgiving spirit,is like having a festering sore. And of course God is not pleased, for He expects us to  forgive those who sin against us.if we don't ,our Father will not forgive us our sins.( Matthew6 v 15 ), and that is serious.

                                                         'Confession is good for the soul

                                                          and so is forgiving others'


No comments: