verse of the day

Thursday 25 January 2024

Her heart was still. ( John 21 v 15 )

 In Genesis 19 we read how God was going to judge Sodom and Gomorrah for their sinful behaviour, which  included homosexuality. God revealed what He was going to do to Abraham,now Lot and his family lived in Sodom, and Abraham pleaded with God to shew mercy to those cities if  there were at least ten righteous people in them, God assured him if there were ten righteous people in the cities He would not destroy them.God earlier had sent three heavenly visitors,these visitors went and warned Lot and his family to leave Sodom, his son- in- laws refused to leave but they didn't take it serious,so they stayed.Times have not changed so many refuse to accept that God who is the righteous judge,will judge humanity for their sinfulness. That's because they do not accept the seriousness of their sin ,be that as it may,God  has provided a way of salvation  ( John 3 v16),and for those who refuse that way,will be Judged. (John 3 v 36) Now back to  Lot and his family, they were told to flee for their lives,but don't look back.So the judgement began and we read ,'Lots wife looked back', and she was turned into a pillar of salt.I wonder why she looked back?.I come from Ireland but I live in England,and I am happy where I live, but there are many exiles who through their song indicate a longing to go back'Lots wife was leaving Sodom and Gomorrah,but her heart was still there.So it is we  cannot follow Jesus when our hearts are somewhere else,it is all or nothing.

                                                                         A Prayer

                               'Lord I give you my heart,I give you my soul to live for You alone,

                                Every breath that I take,every moment I'm awake,Lord have your

                                way in me'

                                                                   Words Hillsong.

                                                            


No comments: