verse of the day

Friday 26 January 2024

He is with you. (Matthew 28 v 20 )

It was David Livingstone  who prayed,'God send me anywhere! Only go with me. Lay any burden upon me,only sustain me'. What a challenging prayer, would you pray it?, would I pray it?. It is a good question,think what he was praying,to go anywhere.I remember offering to go to Brazil,to the interior,a place that was known as the green hell .That meant taking my wife and children , but God didn't permit me to go, and I certainly would not have wanted to go if the Saviour was not with me. It was Moses who said to God,' If your presence does not go with us,do not send us from here', (Exodus 33 v15) In verse v 14, God had said ,'My presence will go with you',Moses was expressing his relief at what God had said,Is it not a relief child of God to know that the Lord is with you,as one man comments,'Safety does not consist in absence of danger but in the presence of  the Lord'.Wherever you are,whatever you are facing at this time,the Lord is with you,the Psalmist could say,'Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me'.  ( Psalm 23 v4 ) As you lay your head down on your pillar tonight,rest assured that He who never slumbers or sleeps is watching over you,and is with you.

                             'I must have the Saviour with me,for I dare not walk alone,

                             I must feel His presence near me, and His arm around me thrown.

                             Then my soul shall fear no ill; let Him lead me where He will,

                             I will go without a murmur,and His footsteps follow still.

                                                         Words Fanny Crosby.  




























9

No comments: