verse of the day

Thursday 27 May 2021

The importance of waiting . ( Philippians 4 v 13 )

In Lewis Carroll's book, 'Alice in Wonderland,' one of the characters  Alice meets is a white rabbit, who is in such a hurry to keep an appointment ,here is what he say's  Alice,'' Oh my fair and whiskers ! I'm late, I'm  late, I'm late, for a very important date !. No time to say 'hello, goodbye',  I'm late, I'm late, I'm late''. It reminds me of the words of a hymn, which  goes, 'The world rushes on', so very ,very true, no time to say hello, or  goodbye, I want you to stop and think of these very important  words, 'They that wait upon the Lord  shall renew their strength; they shall mount up  with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk , and not faint'.( Isaiah 40 v31) Take time today to wait upon the Lord that you may receive the strength you need for this day ,otherwise you may faint.

No comments: