verse of the day

Wednesday 19 May 2021

A delightful old man. ( 1 Corinthians 15 v 10 )

 That lovely hymn by Harriet Auber about the Holy Spirit, has a verse that goes,

                                                 And every virtue we possess,

                                                 And every victory won,

                                                 And every thought of holiness,

                                                 Are His alone.

Recently I had a hospital visit, everything appeared alright, after a while I received a copy of the report that went to my GP., The opening words read ,' Thank you for referring this delightful  77 year old gentleman', yes believe it or not, she was writing about me. It was nice to read those words, I do not know what she found delightful, what I would say is this, if I wasn't  a Christian I would not be that delightful 77 year old man. I am not a self made man, I am an old sinner saved by the grace of God. I dread to think what I would have been, if Christ had not saved me. I do not see myself as a delightful old gentleman, but by the Holy Spirit I am a better person, than I once was, far from perfect and as we often say, I am a work in progress

                                                   To God be the glory great

                                                    things He has done.

No comments: