verse of the day

Wednesday 12 May 2021

Hope ( Romans 5 v 1 - 11)

I heard Chuck Swindoll say recently ,that he was not sure having an explanation about everything, helps. Lets face it, so many things that happen cannot be explained,  why did did my young wife die ,leaving me with four grieving children?. I don't know, but God's word tells me that God works everything for my good Romans 8 v28,  and indeed for my wife's good. I suppose what we do want is hope, in a  a world , where the virus is killing so many people. yes we need,  'Hope'. Let me share with you what Derek Tidball wrote, ''The fact ,after the crucifixion, Jesus was both raised and glorified, leaves us in no doubt that the ransom price God provided  was sufficient. The power of His  life burst the chains that sought to bind Him in death, and that  subjected us to futility without any possibility of escape. Consequently , we believers are now a people of hope, not meandering  through a senseless wasteland, but journeying through this world with a sense of direction and destiny''

No comments: