verse of the day

Friday 7 May 2021

Is it wrong? ( Exodus 20 v 2 )

 Many years ago a person I worked with a person who reproached me for having a record collection, as I was a Christian, he felt I was a hypocrite. I was married ,no money in the bank ,had a young family. He was well off had a lovely car, owed his own home in Australia, but there you have it, I was guilty of having a few records, is it wrong for a Christian, to have possessions ?, is it wrong for a Christian to be rich?, to take holidays?. It could be wrong, the question is this, do my possessions have me, or do I have them?, does having money ,or does wanting money consume me.? Am I  any different  from  non- Christians?, or am I just the same?. Do I see the importance of giving to others ?, Let us all remember that we are to have no other gods in our lives, whatever they may be, God alone must come first, not second or third in our lives, He must always come first. William  Cowper wrote the following.      

                                         The dearest idol, I have known,

                                          Whate'er that idol be,

                                          Help me to tear it from Thy throne,

                                          And worship  only Thee.

No comments: