verse of the day

Sunday 23 May 2021

Soulless Worship. Isaiah 29 v 13 .

In  Isaiah 29 v 13 , we have the Lord saying,'' These people come near to me with their mouth and honour me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me. Their worship  of Me is based  on merely human rules they have been taught''. They were religious but it was not worship, it is Leupold  who calls this 'Soulless Worship', going through  the motions ,yes they went to the temple, they prayed, they sacrificed animals, but their hearts were not in it. When Jesus met up with Peter ,he asked him this  question three times, 'do you love Me?. One thing I ask the Lord when I pray is ,'Lord ,let it not be vain repetition', the following words sum it up,' I often say my prayers, but do I really pray'.  When we pray, give, attend  a church, sing a hymn, read the scriptures, or listen to a sermon, they should not be as Leupold comments, 'devoid of soul and sincerity', in other words ,'Soulless Worship'.

No comments: