verse of the day

Tuesday 18 May 2021

Rubbish ( 1 Peter 2 v 1 )

Well I just heard that the rubbish collectors are going on strike for three weeks, what are we going to do with our rubbish ?. It goes without saying you don't want to keep your rubbish, after all it's rubbish, just fit to be dumped. But here's a thought, what about the rubbish we gather up in our lives?, rubbish we should have got rid off, yet we hold unto it, even though we know it's rubbish. The rubbish in our thought life, the habits, the wrong kind of friends, the wrong kind of language, the unforgiveness, covetousness . It is time  for a clear out, now the first thing you need to do is pray, here is a suitable prayer, 'Search me ,O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you. and lead me along the path of everlasting life'. Psalm 139 v 23 - 24 . And then, put actions to your words, and get rid of the rubbish.

No comments: