verse of the day

Sunday 30 May 2021

Fearful about growing old . ( Psalm 23 )

 The thought of growing old ,can cause us to be concerned, all sorts of thoughts crush in upon us, we usually don't like change. Old age can mean change, will we able to managed financially?. Here is an encouraging word  from King David, 'I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken, or their  children begging bread'. ( Psalm 37 v 25 ). Have on fear God will provide.

Old age may give us concerns ,as regards  our physical or mental well being, both may begin to deteriorate, here is a word from Isaiah 46 v 4,' Even to your old age and grey hairs, I am He, I am He who will sustain you'. Have no fear God will sustain you.

Old age may mean making decisions, will we know to make the right decisions? . Here is a word from Psalm 48 v  14.' For this God is our God for ever and ever; He will be our guide even to the end.' Have no fear He will be your guide.

No comments: