verse of the day

Friday 10 April 2020

Jesus wall destroyer. ( Ephesians 2 v 11 - 22 )

Abraham Lincoln said,'' When I do good I feel good,and when I do bad, I feel bad,that's my religion''.I wondered  why he looked so sad.What can we say about the good , people do?,here is what Leon Morris wrote,' What the good people do is never a problem. It is something to be thankful about ,not something people must be saved from. But sin is another thing altogether,it is a problem wherever it is found'. A person is not separated from God by the good they do,no, the thing that separates us is sin. (Isaiah 59 v 2 ) In Belfast were I come from there what is known as the, 'Peace wall', it enables two waring factions to live in peace,In China we have the ,'Great wall', built to keep enemies out,likewise ,'Hadrian's wall'.Humanity is born with a fallen nature,a sinful nature, ( Romans 5 v 12 ) David declares in Psalm 51 v 5,' For I was born a sinner,yes from the moment my mother conceived me'.From that point onward we are wall builders,and every brick is a sin, the sinful wall  can never be demolished by anything we do,religion cannot remove it,good works cannot remove it.nothing you or I could do would remove it,if that wall remains we will be forever separated from God, both for time and eternity.Only God can provide the answer, He has provided  the only solution, Jesus. When we trust Him ,all sin, we have ever committed  will be forgiven and be removed,there will be no more wall separating us from God,and a glorious future.

No comments: